Heading to San Diego Comic Con? Stop by the Marvel booth (#2329) and meet some off our team and of course, check out Super Hero Squad Online! Rumor is that Psylocke is on her way to San Diego as well!
If you do get chance to stop by, we have a “super” give-away just for San Diego Comic Con attendees!
Hope to see you there!
The Amazing Society Team
Are you ready to join the ranks of the heroic at The Amazing Society? If so, check out our open positions. We have both full-time and contract opportunities available!
If you have super powers that are inline with one of these positions, please contact us!
The Amazing Society development team will be presenting Super Hero Squad Online at PAX!
Come on by the Gazillion Entertainment booth (Booth #3433) to see the game, play the game, sign-up for the beta and to check out the card game, the newest part of the game to be revealed.
So please, stop by, say “Hi!” to the team and check out the game!
This has been a busy week at The Amazing Society!
On Wednesday, Jason Robar, our VP and Studio GM, appeared at Casual Connect 2010 in Seattle and spoke on “Hero Up! Bringing Marvel’s Super Heroes to the Masses in a casual MMOG”.
The rest has kept many of our team very busy down to sunny San Diego for ComicCon (SDCC) where they are presenting Super Hero Squad Online including the premier of the Helicarrier Headquarters! To check out a preview of the Headquarters, visit IGN’s preview at http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1108030p1.html. In addition, members of the team are speaking on 3 different panels and can be found in the Marvel booth #2329 if you want to try out the game for yourself!
The Amazing Society has some talented staff speaking at LOGIN 2010 in Seattle, WA in May 11-13.
– Nikolas Davidson, our Design Director, will be speaking about Mental Accounting and Game Design on Wednesday at 10:30 AM in Salon EF.
- Robert Huber, one of our Senior Server Engineers, will be joined by Rick Lambright, Chief Architect from our parent company, Gazillion Entertainment, as they speaking about Complex Event Processing for Large-Scale Online Games on Tuesday at 5:00 PM in Salon EF.
– Jay Minn, our Director of Games, will be moderating the panel on Hey Game Designer, If It’s Too Easy for You, It’s Still Too Hard! on Thursday at 5:00 PM in Seaport.
If you are attending the conference we would love to meet you, so introduce yourself (especially if you are looking for new employment opportunities!)
See you there!
Amazing Developers Robert Gutschera and Nikolaus Davidson gave talks at the 2009 Game Developer’s Conference – if you didn’t get a chance to attend, check out their slides here!
- At the 2009 Game Developer’s Conference, Amazing Society’s Designer Director Nik Davidson gave the presentation “Dragonslaying: Facebook Lessons Learned from DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS TINY ADVENTURES” alongside veteran game developer Andrew Finch.
- Amazing Society’s Senior Game Designer Robert Gutschera gave the presentation “Characteristics of Multiplayer Games”based on his research with game luminaries Richard Garfield and Skaff Elias.